Monday, January 18, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?

So - I find myself perplexed. I once said, "I'll start a blog when I get married, that way I'll be interesting! I'll have so many fun married things to blog about. But what do I have to blog about in my life right now? Nothing! My life is boring." Welp.. I've decided I DO have something to blog about. Now maybe it's not as "glamorous" as being married, or having kids or anything of that sort, but it's all I got... for now. Over a year and three months ago I embarked on a journey that wasn't expected. I left my comfort zone (Provo Utah) and all that I knew was good (my friends and brother) to take on something different. Something that had NEVER in my whole 24 years of existence thought I'd be doing. Pizza making.... yep.. you read right people. Pizza making is what I do and what I'll most likely will be doing until further notice. My parents wanted a change and decided to start up a franchise of a Papa Murphy's Pizza in Mesa, Arizona (paradise). Much to their dismay, things did NOT work out the way they planned. It's funny what a crashing economy can do to a brand new business in a brand new market. Well, if you're curious as to what - lets just say - it's not good. Dad had to stay in Washington to keep his job so that we could build our new - not so thriving business. So that's where I come in. A young, single , 23 year old (living in my comfort zone) decides the best thing to do is help the family biz - to move to Arizona! And that's what I did..
This Blog will be about my day's at the Office (what my bestie Macy's calls it). What happens there and what I have to deal with. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not so good. Anyway, I think this will be good for me. A way to release my daily frustrations. Lets just say - two women running a business - who are not business women can make things quite interesting. But! We're doing it. And we're making it work. For now ;) So please - bare with me as I type with vigor, each day I feel the need too.
I do owe a lot of credit to the women behind all of this. The women - on days where I think I might hurt myself or others for that matter - is there to save me. My beautiful, hard working and devoted Mother. My roommate and business partner. Even though I know she'd MUCH rather be rooming with her hubby (if i had one, so would I. Who can blame the women?) She and I are in this together and I'm grateful for that each day.
So please - stay tuned! There is much behind the walls of a pizza shop you would't ever dare to think. You don't want to miss this...







This is our very first picture of OUR store before it even opened.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited about your blog...can't wait for more!
    You and your mom are amazing!
    P.S. I think this will come up in my brother's name...it's Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh jess, hillarious! This has Julie as in " Julia and Julia" potential! Love it and cant wait to read more, a good outlet for you!

    ReplyDelete