Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Final Destination

Well when I decided to blog about my day's at the "office" it all started after a crazy 10 day's of being alone while my mom was visit my sister Angela and her sweet little family in Oklahoma City. She just had a new baby boy! So I was happy to take on the responsibility of the store so that my mom could go visit her newest grandbaby. She's left before and I've been able to handle things. It's been a breeze in the past - nothing to crazy. Just little things here and there but nothing I couldn't handle. But WOW, this time around was wild. I would venture to say, very stressful and very hard. However we did have a successfull 10 day's on the business side of things - so it was well worth all the work. So, the day after I started my blog and told y'all to "stay tuned" - well, it was for good reason. I woke up that very next morning to a phone call from one of our employee's letting me know there was a "small flood in the store". WHAT! Are you KIDDING me? That was my response. This is where the title "Final Destination" comes in. We have a sink in the back of the store - as you can see here, there is a knife holder placed right above the sink. It's magnetic - so, after the knifes are cleaned and dried - they are placed on the knife holder. Well, I guess that sometime in the middle of the night one of the big knifes we have feel off of the knife holder and hit the faucet just right - turned the water on and therefore caused a flood. One of my employee's said that sounds like something out of Final Destination! And it kinda does. What the heck?! How does a knife lose it's magnetic will to live - hit the faucet juuust right so that it turns on the water? Totally something out of a movie. And not a good movie - that's for sure. Anyway, I think to myself - ok- it can't be THAT bad. And really, it wasn't to bad. We had a nice floor cleaner guy come clean up the water. He did it quick and that was that. Until the nice gentelmen who is putting in a drycleaners right next to us comes over and says, my store is flooded and it looks like it came from your side. Well, awesome! So the floor guy had to come BACK and clean his store. So then -just when I think I'm free and clear of any other desaster for the day or week for that matter AT&T who's on the other side of us comes over and say's "did you guys have a flood? Our carpets all wet. What do you want to do about it?" hahaha. I just have to laugh now - but I tell you what - at the time I wanted to cry. So that nice floor cleaner man had to come back once again and clean their carpet. So it's save to say that 300 hundred dollars later - we are all clean and dry after a very wet day. Oh the joys of a business owner... See I told you you'd want to stay tuned. Pure excitment all the time at P murph's. ;)

2 comments:

  1. i love it jess! that is hilarious, but not funny at the same time! keep up the good work, and dont be one of those bloggers that say there gonna do it, then dont.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not gonna lie.. I laugh so hard every time I read this. It completely sucks, but who woulda thought a knife would cause that much of a mess with water!

    ReplyDelete